Fresh fenugreek leaves have all the goodness of greens and they are a great combo with potatoes. This is an easy recipe to make a yummy Aloo Methi...
Peeled and Chopped potatoes - 2 cups
Chopped Fenugreek leaves/methi - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Cooking oil - 1 tbsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
1) Wash the vegetables nicely and keep it aside.
2) Heat a non-stick frying pan and add 1-2 tbsp oil. Add a pinch of asafoetida and cumin seeds and saute.
3) When the cumin seeds crackle add chopped potatoes, turmeric powder and mix it well.
4) Saute it for few minutes on low flame.
5) Now add fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder and garam masala powder, salt to taste and mix it well.
6) Sprinkle some water and close the pan with a lid. Keep stirring in between and cook till the vegetables are totally tender.
Serve it hot with some rotis/Indian Flat bread.