Shrikhand is an Indian sweet dish made of strained curd. It is one of the most famous dessert in Maharashta. You will find many variations to this dish and one of the famous one which is prepared in mango season is Amrakhand.
I'm going to complete 365 days of non-stop blogging on 27th July and very excited about it. I could have never imagined of cooking 365 days and sharing recipes but yes I did it!!! So, the countdown begins and party begins with Amrakhand today.
Curd/Plain yogurt - 3 cups
1 Mango (peeled and chopped)
Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Saffron strands - a pinch
Sugar - 1/3 cup
Few Blanched Pistachios for garnishing
1) Hang the curd tied in a muslin cloth for 3 hours.
2) Add the hung curd along with crushed cardamom powder, saffron,sugar and mango in your blender and blitz it until smooth.
3) Pour shrikhand in serving bowls and chill it for few hours.
Garnish with few pistachios and enjoy!!
1) You can use Greek yogurt in place of curd and directly blend the ingredients to prepare shrikhand.
2) To prepare hung curd, use thick curd prepared from full cream milk.
3) You can increase or decrease sugar as per your taste.
Sending this entry to Ahlan Ramadan –The Healthy Way