The first blog anniversary celebration went really well with overwhelming response from friends, readers, bloggers around the world. I never realized that so many people are reading my blog regularly and it has given me an extra energy to start a fresh year of blogging. So, to start another year of blogging I made some sweets with some roasted gram. Roasted grams or chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are packed with nutrition and these laddoos are simply delicious. They are one of my favorites and start my second year of blogging on a sweet note :)
So, sharing a step-wise recipe and wish you all a wonderful day!!
Roasted gram / Roasted chickpeas / pottukadalai - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee / clarified butter - 1/4 cup
Green Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
6 Cashew nuts (chopped)
6 Almonds (chopped)
1) Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a pan and roast cashew nuts and almonds on low flame till cashews turn light brown Keep it aside in a bowl.
2) Now roast the roasted gram on low flame in the same pan till it starts leaving a nice aroma. Do not let the color change and keep stirring.
3) Remove from the flame and let it cool down completely. Now, grind it to a fine powder.
4) Grind sugar to a fine powder.
5) Add sugar, cardamom powder and roasted gram powder in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Add roasted cashews and almonds and mix it well.
6) Heat the ghee in a small pan and when its hot, pour the ghee slowly in the mixing bowl and mix the content with a sptaula or a spoon.
6) When its warm itself start making small balls of the mix and keep it aside.
Once it completely cools down, store it in an air-tight container. You can store it upto 2 weeks in a cool place.
Linking this recipe to Pari's Gluten free Event