I love baking bread at home. I have earlier posted a recipe of Eggless Dates bread which requires yeast. This time I wanted to try a bread without using yeast. I'm not apprehensive of using yeast as I usually use instant yeast for baking breads but I wanted something quick for breakfast today. Rainy season always makes me feel gloomy and baking always makes me happy.
I had shared a recipe for Vegan Banana muffin earlier. So, it was easier for me to just tweak the recipe by increasing the sugar and oil in it and make a perfect, soft whole wheat banana bread.
Whole wheat flour - 1+1/2 cup
Ripe Bananas - 2 big ones
Canola Oil - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1+1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Walnut - 1/4 cup finely chopped or crushed
Raisins - 2 tbsp
1) Preheat Oven at 180 Degree Celsius.
2) Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and keep it aside.
3) Peel the skin of bananas and mash it well. make sure there are no lumps.
4) Add oil, mashed bananas, vanilla essence in a mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
5) Now add flour with baking powder, baking soda slowly to the mix and fold. The flour must get moistened.
6) Add chopped walnuts and raisins and give a quick stir.
7) Grease the loaf tin with some oil evenly and add the batter to it.
8) Bake at same temperature for 40-45 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.
Once it has cooled down, invert on to a plate and let it cool down completely. Enjoy it with your morning cup of coffee or tea :)